Spanish Turkey Stew
8,8 / 10
ready in 1 hr 5 min.
- 4 cups turkey breasts (skinned, ready-to-cook, cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 2 Tbsps olive oil
- 1 ½ cups Green beans (ends cut off)
- 1.333 cups Chorizo (thickly sliced)
- 2 onions (cut into rings)
- 1 chili pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 Tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 sprigs thyme
- ⅜ cup Red wine
- 2 ½ cups canned tomatoes
- ⅞ cup vegetable stock (or meat stock)
- 1 ½ cups carrots (thickly sliced)
- 1 ¼ cups canned chickpeas (drained)
- 1 red pepper (diced)
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley (chopped)
Season the turkey with salt and ground black pepper and blanch the beans in boiling salt water for around 5 minutes. Drain and halve.
Fry the turkey in a pot in hot oil on a high heat. Add the chorizo and fry for a few minutes. Set both the sausage and the turkey aside.
Fry the onion, chilli and garlic in the same pot as the meat. Stir in the tomato purée, paprika, bay leaf and the thyme and fry for a few minutes. Deglaze with the wine and reduce slightly. Add the tomatoes, stock and the carrots and simmer for around 5 minutes.
Return the turkey to the pot and add the chickpeas. Simmer for around 10 minutes then add the beans, pepper and the sausage. If necessary, add a little more stock and cook for another 3 minutes.
Remove the bay leaf and the thyme and season with salt, ground black pepper, sugar and vinegar.
Transfer to plates or bowls, garnish with parsley and serve with freshly grilled baguette.