Spanish Chorizo and Olive Tortilla
ready in 1 hr
- Oil (for frying)
- 2 Tbsps olive oil
- 4 small potatoes (sliced into thin rounds)
- 1 cup Chorizo (sliced on a bias)
- 1 yellow onion (finely chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic cloves (crushed)
- kosher salt (to taste)
- 8 large eggs
- 7 scallions (white and green parts, sliced thin, reserve some for garnish)
- 1 green Bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 red Bell pepper (finely chopped)
- ¼ cup green Olives (with pimentos, sliced thin)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F/175 degrees C.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry the potatoes until soft and golden. Transfer cooked potatoes to paper towels to drain. Once all of the potatoes are cooked, pat with more paper towels to absorb any more excess oil and very lightly salt them.
In a separate pan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and add onion and green pepper. Saute until onions are soft and translucent. Add the garlic and continue to cook for another minute. Add the chorizo and continue cooking, stirring to mix everything together. Turn off the heat and add the green onions, do not stir.
Beat the eggs in a large bowl. Pour them into a greased baking dish. Add the potatoes to the eggs and reserve a few for the top. Stir the green onions into the pan with the chorizo and vegetables. Add the mixture to the eggs. Add the olives and stir to combine.
Place the reserved potatoes on the top. Bake for 20 minutes until the eggs have fully cooked. Remove from oven and let cool a few minutes. To serve, flip the pan over onto a serving dish, or serve directly from the pan. Garnish with green onions.