Smoked Haddock with Curried Lentils
- 2 cups canned, green Lentils (drained and rinsed)
- 2 cups canned tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 tsp gluten-free Curry powder
- 8 cups Spinach (washed and stalk removed)
- 4 smoked Haddock fillet (dyed or undyed)
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 4 fresh eggs
1 Bowl, 1 Bowl, 1 Measuring cups, 1 Measuring cups, 1 Tablespoon, 1 Tablespoon, 1 Teaspoon, 1 Teaspoon, 1 Sieve, 1 Sieve, 1 Brush, 1 Brush, 1 Kitchen towel, 1 Kitchen towel, 1 Cutting board, 1 Cutting board
Put the lentils into a pan with the tomatoes and curry powder and simmer for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Add the spinach to the lentils and mix in. Place the fish on top of the lentils, cover and cook for about 10 minutes until the fish is cooked and flakes easily.
Fill a wide pan with about 8cm|3" water and the vinegar and bring it to a boil.
Turn the heat down so only a few bubbles rise to the surface. Break the eggs into a cup individually and carefully slip into the water.
Poach the eggs for about 3 minutes then remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and serve with the lentils and fish.