Slow Cooker Chicken Leg Curry
6 h. 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 red pepper (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 inch fresh ginger (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Curry powder
- 1 ⅔ cups chicken stock
- 1 ⅔ cups tomato passata
- 1 tablespoon Tamarind paste
- 8 Chicken legs
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (shredded)
- salad (to serve)
Heat the oil in a frying pan and gently fry the onion, pepper, garlic and ginger for 15 minutes or until golden and sticky. Sprinkle in the curry powder and stir well, then transfer the mixture to a liquidiser. Add the stock, passata and tamarind paste and blend until smooth.
Scrape the sauce into a slow cooker and add the chicken legs. Cover and cook on medium for 6 hours or until the chicken is very tender.
Add salt to taste, then sprinkle with coriander and serve with a rice salad.