Slow Cooker Fish Curry
ready in 6 h. 35 min.
- ¼ cup sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- ½ teaspoon Coriander (crushed)
- 2 teaspoons mild Curry powder
- 2 large onions (finely sliced)
- 4 red peppers (sliced)
- 4 floury potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 5 cups skinless Cod (diced)
- 1 cup tomato passata
- 3 cups fish stock
- ½ lemon (juiced)
- cilantro (chopped)
- freshly ground Black pepper
Heat the sunflower oil in a casserole dish set over a moderate heat until hot.
Add the mustard, cumin, and coriander seeds. Let them fry and pop for 30 seconds before adding the curry powder.
Stir well and add the onions, peppers and a pinch of salt. Fry for 3-4 minutes, and then add the potatoes, cod, passata, and stock.
Pour into a slow cooker, cover with a lid, and cook on a low setting for 6 hours.
Season to taste with salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Serve with a garnish of chopped coriander.