Sliced Chicken and Zucchini Bowl
- 2 large, skinless Chicken breasts
- 3 Tbsps olive oil
- 1 large zucchini (thinly sliced)
- 1 small garlic clove (minced)
- 1 small Red onion (thinly sliced)
- 3 cups Baby spinach (washed)
- 2 Tbsps Rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsps mint (finely chopped)
- freshly ground Black pepper
How healthy are the main ingredients?olive oilmintChicken breastzucchinigarlic clovesalt
Preheat the grill to hot. Line a chopping board with a couple of sheets of clingfilm. Sit the chicken on top, cover with more clingfilm, and flatten out with a rolling pin or meat tenderiser.
Rub with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill for 12 - 14 minute, turning occasionally, until golden all over and cooked through.
Remove from the grill and set to one side. Toss the courgette with the remaining olive oil and garlic, grilling for 2 minutes, turning once.
Roughly slice the chicken breasts and toss in a mixing bowl with the courgette, red onion, spinach, vinegar, chopped mint, and seasoning.
Pile the salad onto bowls and serve immediately.