Shrimp Rolls With Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce
ready in 30 min.
- 1 Tbsp Peanut oil
- 2 cloves garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 pc fresh ginger minced (1 1/2-inch)
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsps fresh Lime juice
- 4 cups large, cooked shrimp (peeled; deveined and cut in half lengthwise)
- 1 cup carrots (julienned)
- 1 cup Cucumber (seeded and julienned)
- 1 cup scallions (minced)
- 4 Lettuce (finely chopped)
- ½ cup fresh Thai basil (chopped)
- ½ cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- ¼ cup fresh mint (chopped)
- 16 Rice paper
- For Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce
- ¼ cup Rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsps Fish sauce
- ¼ cup hot water
- 2 Tbsps granulated sugar
- 1 Lime (juiced)
- 1 tsp garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tsp red Chili paste (such as sambal)
Heat peanut oil, garlic, ginger root, soy sauce and lime juice in a wok or skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp and cook until pink and opaque, approximately 5 minutes. Remove from wok and set aside.
Toss prepared carrots, cucumber, scallions, lettuce, basil, cilantro, and mint in a large bowl.
Fill a separate large bowl with warm water. Dip one rice wrapper into the warm water for 1-2 seconds to soften. Do not over soak the rice paper wrappers. Gently shake off any excess water. Lay the wrapper flat. Place shrimp and vegetable filling slightly off-center on the rice paper, leaving about 2 inches uncovered on each side. Fold the sides inward, and tightly roll the wrapper. Repeat the process with the remaining ingredients.
Cut into diagonal pieces and serve with Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce.
For Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce:
In a blender, puree the rice wine vinegar, fish sauce, hot water, sugar, lime juice, garlic, and chili paste until combined. Pour into a small bowl and serve with spring rolls.