Shrimp Pastry Roll
This elegant dish isn't just impressive, it's packed with lean protein from the shrimp and antioxidants from the lycopene in the tomato salad.
Make sure you serve this dish straight from the oven. The longer it sits, the less delicious it becomes.
- For the strudel
- 9 ounces fresh Perch fillet (or similar lake fish)
- 1 red chili pepper (deseeded and finely chopped)
- 1 cup cream (30% fat)
- cayenne pepper
- ½ lemon (juiced)
- 12 ounces shrimp (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 2 sheets Puff pastry dough (defrosted if frozen)
- 3 tablespoons butter (melted)
- For the basil aioli
- 1 bunch Basil
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon strong Mustard
- 1 clove garlic cloves
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Heat the oven to 375ºF.