Seafood and Bean Stew
9,1 / 10
ready in 12 h. 45 min.
- 2 Tbsps vegetable oil
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 small, red chili pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3 cups fish stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cups clam (throw away any that are open)
- ½ tsp medium Mustard
- 1 lemon (juice)
- 4 Saffron
- 1 ¾ cups dried, small White bean (e. g. cannellini, soaked overnight in plenty of cold water)
- 2 Tbsps freshly chopped parsley (finely chopped)
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onions and garlic until translucent. Add the chillies, deglaze with the wine and fish stock, add a little salt and the bay leaves and bring to the boil. Add the clams, boil for 6-8 minutes and remove with a slotted spoon. Throw away any that have not opened.
Add the mustard, ground black pepper, 1 tbsp of lemon juice and a few saffron threads to the pan. Add the beans and clams and heat through.
Just before serving, remove the bay leaves and stir through the parsley.
Spoon the bean stew into deep dishes and serve, with baguette if desired.