for 4 servings
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large onions (thinly sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 pinches Saffron (dissolved in boiling water)
- 1 cup Rice (cooked according to the packet instructions)
- 2 sprigs cilantro (finely chopped)
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese (shaved)
Heat the oil in a large frying pan and gently cook the onions and garlic until they are golden brown and slightly caramelised.
Transfer the onions and garlic to a large bowl and mix in the rice, saffron and chopped coriander. Season with salt and pepper and shape into patties.
Wipe the pan clean with kitchen paper and heat a little more oil. Fry the patties for 2 minutes on each side and served sprinkled with the parmesan.