Sauteed Trout with Creamy Asparagus and Peas
This dish is rich protein from the trout and fiber from the asparagus.
If you don't have trout, you can use salmon or cod instead.
- 1 shallot
- 3 ½ ounces green Asparagus
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 ounces shelled fresh Fava bean
- 10 ounces Peas
- 3 ½ ounces Vegetable broth
- 3 ½ ounces Whipped cream
- white peppers
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 8 (3 ounces each) trout (fillets)
- Pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon clarified butter
Peel and finely chop the shallot. Rinse the asparagus, trim the bottom, peel and cut the into bite size pieces. Heat the oil in skillet, add the shallots and sauté the fava beans and the asparagus until tender. Add the peas, cover and steam for about 3 minutes.
Add the broth, cream, salt and pepper to the vegetables and season with lemon juice, and parsley. Dredge the fish fillets in the flour. Heat the butter in a skillet, add the fish and sear on both sides until golden brown. Season with salt and serve the fish with the vegetables.