- 2 kilograms Pork belly (without rind)
- 3 garlic
- 1 bunch parsley
- ½ bunch Chervil
- 4 sprigs oregano
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 2 sprigs Sage
- 1 tablespoon sweet Mustard
- 1 tablespoon medium hot Mustard
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- freshly ground peppers
- 1 tablespoon sweet ground paprika
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Fat (for the roasting dish)
Preheat the oven to 200°C (approximately 400°F).
Peel garlic and finely chop. Rinse herbs, shake dry, pluck off leaves and chop finely. Mix garlic, mustard and oil together in a bowl.
Rinse pork belly, pat dry and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle pork with herbs, roll up tightly and tie with kitchen twine.
Mix paprika with salt, pepper and oil in a bowl and coat roast with it.
Place roast in a greased roasting pan and cook in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Here turn occasionally. Reduce oven heat to 180°C (approximately 350°F) and cook roast another 60 minutes. Baste again and again with the juices in the bottom of the roasting pan.
Remove finished roast from oven, place on a serving dish and serve sliced.