Quiche with Chicken, Apple and Cheddar Cheese
- 400 grams Chicken breasts (skinless)
- freshly ground peppers
- 1 generous pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 lemon (zested and juiced)
- 2 garlic (pressed)
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon clarified butter
- 1 stick Leeks
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons Curry powder
- 200 grams Whipped cream
- 50 grams Crème fraiche
- 3 eggs
- 50 grams grated Cheddar cheese
- 1 Apple
- lemon juice
- 200 grams Phyllo dough (thawed if frozen)
Cut the chicken into strips and season with salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, lemon zest and juice, pressed garlic and grated ginger.
Rinse leek well and drain. Cut leek into thin slices.
Saute the chicken strips in hot butter until cooked through.
Add the leek to the pan, then stir in parsley and curry powder.
Preheat the oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
Whisk together eggs, sour cream and crème fraîche, then season with salt and pepper. Stir in the cheddar cheese.
Roll out dough thinly on a floured surface and fit into pie dish. Spread the chicken mixture evenly over dough. Rinse the apple, peel as needed and core. Cut the apple into slices and drizzle with lemon juice. Pour the egg mixture into the dish, add apple slices and bake in a preheated oven for 35-40 minutes.