Pork and Scalloped Potato Bake
8,4 / 10
1 hr 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (plus extra for brushing)
- 2 cloves garlic cloves (crushed)
- 2 onions (diced)
- 1 red Bell pepper (seeds removed, sliced)
- 8 thick Sausage
- 8 ounces canned tomatoes
- ⅞ cup vegetable stock
- ⅞ cup Red wine
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 ½ ounces peas
- 7 ounces canned Beans (drained, e. g. borlotti, haricot, cannellini)
- 11 ounces potatoes (thinly sliced)
- 11 ounces Sweet potato (thinly sliced)
- 2 teaspoons chopped thyme
1 Teaspoon, 1 große Bowl, 1 Tablespoon, 1 Hand mixer, 1 Kitchen towel, 1 Small knife, 1 Pot, 1 Sieve, 1 Fine grater, 1 Small bowl, 1 Rolling pin, 1 Parchment paper, 1 Baking sheet, 1 Wooden spoon, 1 Cutting board, 1 Large knife, 1 eventuell Mini food processor, 1 Mandoline
Heat the oven to 200°C (180° fan) 400°F gas 6.
Heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the garlic, onions and pepper over a low heat for 5 minutes until softened and lightly browned. Add the sausages to the pan and brown on all sides.
Add the tomatoes, stock, wine, Worcestershire sauce and seasoning to taste and bring to a boil.
Tip into a large casserole or baking dish and stir in the peas and beans. Arrange the potatoes and sweet potatoes on top. Cover and bake for 45 minutes.
Brush the potatoes with oil and sprinkle with thyme and thyme sprigs. Return to the oven and cook uncovered for another 15 minutes, until the potatoes are browned and tender.