- For the dough:
- 5 medium sized Eggs
- 150 grams Powdered sugar
- 1 pinch Iodized salt
- 225 grams softened Butter
- 75 grams chopped almonds
- 150 grams Pastry flour (with the germ)
- 3 teaspoons Baking powder
- 180 grams whole grain Oats
- Fat (for the baking sheet)
- For the frosting:
- 3 large Oranges
- 2 tablespoons Orange or apricot Lemon marmalade
- 3 tablespoons Oats
- 1 tablespoon butter and Sugar
For the dough: Separate the eggs. Beat the egg yolks, powdered sugar, salt and butter until fluffy with a hand mixer. Stire in the almonds, flour, baking powder and oats. Place the dough onto a greased baking sheet and press flat.
For the frosting: Peel the oranges with a sharp knife so that all white skin is removed. Cut the oranges in half and the into slices. Collect the juice. Cover the dough with orange slices and bake at 175°C (approximately 350°F) (gas mark 2) for about 35 minutes.
Combine the collected orange juice and jam and spread onto the still warm cake. Roast the oats, butter and sugar in a pan with stirring until golden brown. Sprinkle over the cake. Serve with whipped cream.