Mussel and Prawn Spanish Rice
8,2 / 10
ready in 4 h. 45 min.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 ½ cups Chorizo (peeled and diced)
- 1 ⅔ cups Paella rice
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 4 Vine tomatoes (cored and diced)
- 3 cups Prawn (peeled and deveined)
- 2 cups mussels (cleaned with beards removed)
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- flat-leaf parsley (finely chopped)
- freshly ground peppers
Heat the olive oil in a large, shallow pan and cook the onion, garlic, and a pinch of salt for 5 minutes until soft.
Add the chorizo, and cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the paella rice and coat thoroughly in the oil.
Stir the saffron into the stock, and pour the infused stock over the rice.
Add the paprika, stir well, and pour everything into a slow cooker. Cover with a lid and cook on medium for 3 hours.
Add the tomatoes, prawns, and mussels and cook for a further hour.
Stir through the lemon juice and parsley. Season with salt and pepper before serving.