- 50 grams Porcini mushroom (dried)
- 300 grams Arborio rice
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 350 grams Mushrooms fresh (chanterelles, porcini small ...)
- 3 Tbsps butter
- 500 milliliters organic Vegetable broth (more if needed)
- 50 milliliters white wine
- 30 grams Parmesan (grated)
- 1 Tbsp parsley (finely chopped)
- Dried-porcini powder (to taste)
Soak porcini mushrooms in a bowl with 300 ml (approximately 10 ounces) of hot water for about 10 minutes.
Trim fresh mushrooms and mince if desired. Drain porcini mushrooms, collect soaking liquid and mince mushrooms as needed.
Melt 1-2 tablespoons butter in a large pan, saute onions until soft, add rice and fry while stirring until translucent. Add wine, bring to a boil while stirring, add some broth and let simmer. Add soaked mushrooms and a little mushroom soaking water and let boil again while stirring. Continue adding small amounts of broth and mushroom soaking liquid until rice is cooked. Continuously stir. This will take approximately 20-25 minutes.
Melt remaining butter in a pan, fry fresh mushrooms, stir and season with salt and pepper. Add porcini powder and stir.
Arrange on plates or in bowls and serve garnished with parsley and Parmesan.