Mushroom Curry with Peas and Cilantro
- 4 tablespoons Peanut oil
- ½ teaspoon Cumin
- 2 chopped garlic
- 350 grams small button Mushroom
- 2 teaspoons freshly chopped ginger
- 2 green chile peppers (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon cilantro (ground)
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1 tablespoon Tomato paste
- 150 grams Peas (frozen)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons Sour cream
Wipe mushrooms clean with paper towels and cut into quarters. Thaw peas. Heat oil in a large pan. Add cumin seeds and sauté about 10 seconds. Stir in garlic, mushrooms, ginger and chiles. Stir in ground coriander and garam masala and sauté about 1 minute.
Stir in tomato paste and season with salt. Stir in peas, cilantro and 300 milliliters (approximately 1 1/4 cups) water, bring to a boil and simmer about 5 minutes. Stir in sour cream until warmed through. Serve in bowls.