Mixed Veggie Fry
ready in 45 min.
- 3.333 cups new potatoes (cut in wedges)
- 2 Fennel bulb (cut in wedges, green tops reserved)
- 2 Tbsps olive oil
- 2 Red onions (halved and cut into thin wedges)
- 2 green peppers (cut into strips)
- 2 zucchini (cut into batons)
- 1 red chili pepper (finely chopped)
- ½ tsp Cumin (ground)
- ½ tsp Coriander (ground)
- ¼ cup Golden raisins
Place the potatoes in boiling salted water and cook for approx. 10 minutes until just tender, adding the fennel 5 minutes into the cooking time. Pour off the water and drain well.
Brown the potatoes with the fennel in hot oil in a non-stick pan for around 2 minutes. Add the onions, peppers, courgettes and chilli and fry together slowly for 5 minutes until golden brown. Season with salt, cumin, coriander and ground black pepper. Stir in the sultanas and add a little water. Cover and braise for approx. 5 minutes until cooked through. Remove the lid and allow the moisture to evaporate.
Check the seasoning in the vegetables and divide between bowls. Garnish with the fennel tops and serve with cucumber yoghurt if desired.