Mexican-style Bean Soup
8,8 / 10
- 4 Tbsps olive oil
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic cloves (chopped)
- 4 red peppers (deseeded and chopped)
- 2 cups canned tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 cups vegetable stock (or water)
- 2 tsps dried oregano
- 2 cups canned Kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 Tbsps Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
Heat the oil in a pan and gently cook the onion until translucent.
Add the garlic and red peppers and cook slowly for about 10 minutes.
Add the tomatoes and vegetable stock, bring to a boil and cook for 10 more minutes then add the oregano, kidney beans, Worcestershire sauce and sugar.
Let simmer for another 10 minutes, season with salt and pepper and serve with the parmesan and parsley to garnish.