for 4 servings
- For the meatballs
- 18 ounces lean Ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Chickpea flour (gram)
- 1 tablespoon Nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- For the buckwheat and vegetables
- 1 cup Buckwheat (rinsed)
- 1 ⅔ cups low-sodium vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red pepper (diced)
- 1 Orange pepper (diced)
- 2 medium zucchini (halved and sliced)
- 1 Red onion (chopped)
- 2 shallots (sliced into rings)
- ½ cup reduced-fat Feta
- 2 tablespoons Mint leaves
- freshly ground Black pepper
For the meatballs: Preheat the oven to 190°C (170° fan) | 375F | gas 5. Mix together the beef mince, gram flour, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, and seasoning in a mixing bowl.
Shape into meatballs and arrange spaced apart on a tray. Cover and chill.
For the buckwheat and vegetables: Place the buckwheat in a large saucepan and cook over a medium heat for 2 minutes until dried out. Add the stock, stir well, and heat until simmering. Cover with a lid and cook over a slightly reduced heat for 10 - 15 minutes until the buckwheat is tender.
Toss together the vegetables with the oil and plenty of seasoning. Drain the buckwheat if necessary and spoon into the base of a baking dish. Top with the vegetables and then the meatballs.
Bake for 35 - 40 minutes until the vegetables are roasted and the meatballs are cooked through. Leave to stand briefly before serving with a garnish of feta and mint leaves.