Marinated Tofu and Veggie Skewers
ready in 3 h. 33 min.
- 16 ounces extra firm Tofu (well pressed)
- ½ cup gluten-free tamari
- ¼ cup Rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (peeled and finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil (to taste)
- 1 clove garlic (peeled and finely chopped)
- 2 small zucchini (rinsed; trimmed and sliced into rounds)
- 1 red Bell pepper (rinsed; seeded and cut into bite sized pieces)
- 1 orange Bell pepper (rinsed; seeded and cut into bite sized pieces)
- 1 yellow Bell pepper (rinsed; seeded and cut into bite sized pieces)
- 2 onions (peeled and cut into wedges)
- 8 Skewer
- Oil (to brush grill grate)
Cut well pressed tofu into 1 1/2-inch cubes, and place in a shallow dish.
In a small bowl, combine tamari, rice wine vinegar, ginger, sesame oil and garlic. Pour mixture over the tofu and stir to thoroughly coat. Refrigerate and marinate at least 3 hours, or overnight.
Prepare grill for direct grilling and preheat to medium-high heat.
Remove tofu from the marinade and drain well, reserving marinade. Toss prepared vegetables in the reserved marinade. Thread the tofu and vegetables onto the skewers. Brush kebabs with any remaining marinade.
Brush grill grate with oil. Grill kebabs for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until tofu is golden brown and vegetables are tender.