9,8 / 10
1 hr 30 min.
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 4 cups lamb (from the leg; cubed)
- 4 cups lamb stock (or other meat stock)
- 2 ⅔ cups waxy potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 3 ½ cups String bean (cut on the diagonal)
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 tablespoons thyme
- 1 sprig thyme (to garnish)
1 Sieve, 1 Measuring cups, 1 Pot mit Deckel, 1 Wooden spoon, 1 Cutting board, 1 Large knife, 1 Non-stick pan, 1 Slotted spatula, 1 Plate, 1 Tablespoon
Heat the oil in a large pan and gently fry the onion until soft. Add the garlic, cook for 2 minutes then add the diced lamb and stir over a high heat until the meat is browned all over.
Pour over the stock, bring to a boil then simmer gently for about 40 minutes.
Add the potatoes, cook for a further 20 minutes then add the beans and cook for another 10 minutes or until the meat and vegetables are tender.
Season with salt and pepper, stir in the herbs and serve garnished with the thyme sprig.