Herbed Chicken with Mixed Vegetables
- 1 kilogram (approximately 2 pounds) Chicken breasts (with skin)
- 50 milliliters (approximately 3 1/2 tablespoons ) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 shallot
- 1 bunch scallions
- 1 Fennel bulb
- 150 grams (approximately 5 1/3 ounces) baby with green tops carrots
- 1 Kohlrabi
- 4 Artichoke
- lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 150 milliliters approximately 5 1/4 ounces) Vegetable broth
- 50 milliliters (approximately 3 1/2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (plus oil for the rack)
- freshly ground peppers
- 50 milliliters (approximately 3 1/2 tablespoons Whipped cream
- cilantro (for garnish)
Rinse the chicken breasts and pat dry. In a bowl, stir together the oil, salt, honey, curry powder and cayenne pepper. Lift the skin of the chicken and brush the mixture over both the skin and flesh of the chicken breasts, cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
Preheat the oven to 200°C (approximately 390°F) Place a lightly oiled wire rack on a parchment-lined baking sheet, place the marinated chicken breast on the rack, sprinkle with the parsley and bake on the middle rack of the oven until the chicken is cooked through, about 40 minutes.
Meanwhile, peel and chop the shallot. Rinse and cut the scallions and fennel into chunks. Peel the carrots leaving a little of the greens attached. Peel the kohlrabi and cut into bite-size pieces. Rinse the artichokes and remove all but the pale green leaves. Trim the prickly tops, halve the artichokes lengthwise, scrape out the chokes and sprinkle the artichokes with lemon juice.
Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the shallots, carrots, kohlrabi and fennel to the pan and cook briefly, then add broth and wine, cover and simmer for about 7 minutes. Add the scallions and cook 3 minutes. Heat the oil in a pan, add the artichokes, season with salt and pepper and cook until tender. Drain the vegetables reserving the cooking liquid and add them to the artichokes. Keep warm. Mix the cooking liquid with the cream, bring to a boil and season.
Cut the chicken into portions and serve with the vegetables. Froth the sauce in a blender and spoon over the chicken and vegetables. Serve garnished with coriander cilantro.