Green Shrimp Curry
ready in 40 min.
- 2 shallots (finely diced)
- 2 cloves garlic cloves (finely diced)
- 2 inches Galangal (peeled and finely diced)
- 1 Lemongrass (only the white and pale green part, finely chopped)
- 1 green chili pepper (chopped)
- 1 handful cilantro
- 1 tsp Shrimp paste
- Cumin powder
- Lime juice
- 12 ozs Rice noodles
- 2 ½ cups raw King prawn (deveined and peeled)
- 2 Tbsps vegetable oil
- ⅞ cup fish stock
- cilantro (to garnish)
Pound the shallot, garlic, galangal, lemongrass, chilli and coriander in a mortar to create a fine paste. Mix the shrimp paste through and season to taste with salt, a pinch of cumin and a dash of lime juice.
Prepare the rice noodles according to the instructions on the packet.
Fry the prawns in hot oil in a frying pan or wok for 1-2 minutes. Add the paste and fry together for 1-2 minutes. Add the stock and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Arrange in bowls with the drained noodles and serve garnished with coriander leaves.