for 4 servings
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces button Mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 medium potatoes (diced)
- 4 ounces Chorizo (sliced)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1.333 cups Rice
- 1 dried chile pepper
- freshly ground Black pepper
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup peas
- 14 ounces canned, chopped tomatoes
- To garnish
- snipped Cilantro
Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large shallow pan and cook the mushrooms, potatoes and chorizo until vegetables are tender.
Add the remaining oil to the pan and add the onion and garlic and cook gently until tender.
Add the rice and stir until coated in the oil. Add the chilli and seasoning to taste.
Add the stock, peas and tomatoes and bring to a boil. Cover the pan and simmer for 20-25 minutes until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender.
Cover and leave to stand for 10 minutes. Garnish with coriander and serve immediately.