Fish with Lentils
- 30 grams Smoked bacon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 shallots (finely diced)
- 1 garlic (finely chopped)
- 80 grams green Lentils (soaked overnight in cold water)
- 8 small button Mushroom (quartered)
- ½ teaspoon Tomato paste
- ¼ liter fish stock
- 1 thyme
- freshly ground peppers
- 4 centiliters balsamic vinegar
- 4 Cod (each about 200 grams)
- 8 slices Smoked bacon
- 200 grams Whipped cream
- 2 tablespoons Crème fraiche
- clarified butter (for cooking)
- 8 small, mild, green chile peppers (to taste)
Heat butter in a pan and cook bacon until translucent. Add shallots garlic, lentils and mushrooms and saute briefly. Add tomato paste ans saute for a few minutes, add fish stock and thyme and simmer for about 25 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, a little sugar and balsamic vinegar.
Season fish fillets with salt and pepper and wrap each with 2 slices of bacon. Whisk cream with creme fraiche and add to lentils, bring to a boil and season to taste with chile pepper.
Heat butter in a pan and cook fish until golden brown on each side. Arrange with lentils on plates and serve.