8,6 / 10
ready in 40 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 cups fresh Mushrooms (cleaned and sliced)
- 4 cups lobster stock
- 3 cups water
- 2 stalks Celery (diced)
- 2 cups potatoes cubed (1/2-inch)
- 2 green Bell pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- cayenne pepper
- salt (to taste)
- freshly ground Black pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon good quality olive oil
- 3 cups cooked Lobster meat (coarsely chopped into bite-size pieces)
- ⅔ cup sherry
In a large stockpot, melt the butter over low heat. Add onions and garlic: cook over medium heat, until the onions are soft and translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
Add the lobster stock, water. celery, potatoes, green pepper, parsley, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer until the potatoes are fork tender, or about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high high. Add the lobster meat, season to taste with salt and pepper and heat through. Deglaze the pan with sherry. Add the warmed lobster and the pan juices to the stockpot. Check seasoning, and adjust if necessary.
Ladle into serving bowls. Serve hot.