Creamy Shrimp Soup with Marinated Fennel
- 1 Fennel bulb
- 1 whole lemon (Zested and juiced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch sugar
- freshly ground peppers
- 1 onion
- 200 grams starchy potatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons Lobster butter
- 2 tablespoons Pastry flour
- 150 milliliters dry white wine
- 800 milliliters fish stock
- 100 milliliters Whipped cream
- 250 grams shrimp (peeled and deveined)
Rinse the fennel bulb, cut in half, remove the hard stalk, and slice into thin strips. Toss with the lemon zest and juice, olive oil, salt, sugar and pepper. Set the fennel leaves aside for garnish.
Peel and dice the onion, potatoes. Peel and mince the garlic. Sauté the onion, potatoes and garlic in the lobster butter until softened. Sprinkle with flour, mix well and pour in the white wine and fish stock. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Puree the soup with an immersion blender until smooth then stir in the heavy cream and the shrimp. Allow the shrimp to cook for about 3-4 minutes and season with salt and pepper.
Ladle the soup into bowls and top with the fennel salad. Garnish with the reserved fennel leaves and serve.