Creamy Root Veg Bisque
ready in 55 min.
- For the soup
- 2 ½ cups Jerusalem Artichoke (roughly diced)
- ⅔ cup Celeriac (roughly diced)
- ⅔ cup floury potatoes (roughly diced)
- 1 onion (roughly diced)
- 1 clove garlic cloves (roughly diced)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 ½ cups chicken stock
- ⅔ cup cream
- Cumin powder
- white wine vinegar (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons herb-infused oil
Fry the Jerusalem artichoke, celeriac, potatoes, onion and garlic gently in hot butter, without browning. Deglaze with the stock, cover and simmer very gently for around 25 minutes.
Blend to a fine purée, add the cream, bring back to the boil and season to taste with salt, ground black pepper, a pinch of cumin, and vinegar.
Check the seasoning again, spoon into bowls and drizzle with the herb-infused oil. Serve with croutons if desired.