Country-style Lamb Stew
9,0 / 10
- 5 Tbsps olive oil
- 5.333 cups lamb (from the leg, diced)
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 ⅔ cups Red wine
- 1 ½ cups chopped tomatoes (tinned)
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 Eggplant (quartered lengthways and sliced)
- 2 zucchini (sliced)
- 1 red pepper (diced)
- 1 yellow pepper (diced)
- 1 green Bell pepper (diced)
Heat 3 tbsp oil and fry the meat on all sides until brown. Add the onion and garlic and fry briefly then deglaze with the wine.
Add the tomatoes and herbs, cover and cook over a low heat for about 1.5 hours.
Heat the remaining oil and fry the aubergine and courgettes. Add the peppers and fry together for about 2 minutes, until al dente.
Mix the vegetables with the meat, cook together for about 2 minutes and season to taste with salt and ground black pepper. Serve with baguette.