Country-style Ham and Lentil Soup
ready in 1 hr 40 min.
- 3 cups canadian bacon (roughly chopped)
- 2 ⅔ cups dried Lentils (picked over and rinsed)
- 4 ⅔ cups Mushrooms (cleaned and sliced)
- 3 onions (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 1 cup chopped Celery
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 ½ cups Beef broth
- 8 cups water
- fresh parsley (rinsed and finely chopped)
In a large pot or Dutch oven combine all ingredients and simmer soup, partially covered, stirring occasionally, for 1 1/2 hours. Discard bay leaf and cinnamon stick.
Ladle soup into servings bowls and garnish with chopped parsley. Serve.