Cod with Vegetables
- 1 onion
- 1 bunch Soup vegetables (such as carrot, leek, parsnip or other aromatic vegetables such as celery or onion)
- 30 grams butter
- 4 Cod (each 160 grams)
- freshly ground peppers
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 200 milliliters fish stock
- 200 milliliters white wine
- 2 centiliters Noilly Prat
- 2 tablespoons Horseradish (freshly grated)
Peel onion and cut into rings. Trim soup vegetables, rinse and cut into thin strips.
Rinse cod pieces and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with lemon juice.
Heat butter in a large pot. Add onion and soup vegetables and sauté briefly. Add the fish stock, white wine and Noilly Prat and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and place the cod in the pot. Cover and simmer until done, about 15 minutes (do not boil).
Stir 1 tablespoon horseradish into the broth and season with salt and pepper.
Arrange fish with the vegetables and some broth on warmed plates. Sprinkle with dill, chives and remaining horseradish. Serve with boiled potatoes, if desired.