Classic Chicken Club Sandwich
- 3 split Chicken breasts (bone in; skin on)
- good-quality olive oil
- salt (to taste)
- freshly ground Black pepper (to taste)
- 12 slices toasted Bread
- 4 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- ½ head Iceberg lettuce (rinsed; dried and cut into strips)
- 16 slices american cheese (processed cheese)
- 2 ripe tomatoes (rinsed and thinly sliced)
- 16 ounces cooked Bacon
- 8 wooden Toothpicks
Preheat the oven to 350º F.
Place the chicken breasts on a sheet pan skin side up. Rub the chicken with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, or until cooked through. Cool slightly, slice the chicken thickly, discarding the skin and bones. Set aside.
Spread one side of each piece of sliced bread with mayonnaise. Arrange layers as follows: 1 slice toasted bread mayonnaise side up, lettuce, cheese, tomato, sliced chicken, cheese and bacon, followed by a slice of toasted bread, Repeat the layering process and ending with a slice of toasted bread mayonnaise side down. Slice sandwich in half diagonally and secure each half with a wooden pick. Serve.