Chinese Stir-fried Shrimp
8,6 / 10
- 3 cups Chinese Egg noodle
- 2 ¾ cups carrots (julienned)
- 2 ¾ cups Green beans (topped, tailed and soaked in ice water)
- 4 Tbsps vegetable oil (plus an extra drizzle)
- 3 scallions (julienned)
- 6 slices canned Pineapple (drained and quartered)
- 3 Tbsps soy sauce (plus an extra drizzle)
- 2 cups Bean sprout
- 18 large Prawn
- 1 ¼ inches fresh ginger (finely grated)
Put the noodles into a large dish, cover them with boiling water and let them soak for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, blanch the carrots and green beans for 3 minutes in a pot of salted boiling water then cool them in iced water and drain.
Heat 4 tablespoons of olive oil in a wok on medium heat, add the spring onions, carrots and green beans and stir-fry 2 minutes before adding the pieces of pineapple and soy sauce. Cook 2 minutes still stirring continuously.
Add the drained noodles and beansprouts, season with pepper and continue cooking for 2 minutes, stirring and then pour into a warmed dish and cover.
Add the prawns and add the finely grated ginger and a drizzle of oil, season with pepper and stir-fry on high for 2 minutes. Add the vegetables and noodles back to the wok and mix with the prawns. Divide the vegetables and prawns between the serving bowls, add a drizzle of soy sauce and serve immediately.