Chicken with Leaves and Tomatoes
89 / 100
- 2 large, skinless Chicken breasts (diced)
- 0.333 cup olive oil
- 2 eggs
- ½ small white onion (finely sliced)
- 2 granary-style Bread (cut into cubes)
- 1 green pepper (seeded and finely sliced)
- ⅔ cup Broad bean
- 4 Tomatoes (sliced into 1/8ths)
- ½ Cucumber (finely sliced)
- 0.333 cup pitted black olives
- lemons (juiced from one lemon)
- Basil (to garnish)
Boil the eggs in a large saucepan of boiling water for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, 25ml of the olive oil in a large frying pan over a moderate heat then season the chicken. Saute for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until just cooked, then remove from the heat and set to one side.
Drain the eggs and refresh in a large bowl of iced water.
Heat the half of the remaining olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat and pan-fry the cubes of bread to create croutons.
Toss occasionally and cook for 3-4 minutes until golden brown and crispy, making sure you season them.
Blanch the broad beans in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 1 minute, then drain. Peel the eggs and slice into quarters.
Combine the tomato, onion, croutons, cucumber, green pepper, olives, cooked chicken and egg in a large mixing bowl and toss with the lemon juice, remaining olive oil and seasoning to coat evenly.
Spoon into a large serving bowl and garnish with the basil sprigs before serving.