Chicken Curry with Vegetables
- 120 grams carrots
- 1 stalk Leeks
- 1 big, red paprika
- 500 grams Chicken breasts
- 1 Lime
- 1 tablespoon or sesame Peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger (ground)
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 160 milliliters Coconut cream
- 100 milliliters Vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons Crème fraiche
Peel carrots and leek, rinse and dry. Cut both into 5cm (approximately 2 inch) long pieces.
Rinse pepper, halve, remove seeds and ribs, cut into thin strips.
Rinse chicken meat, pat dry and cut into strips.
Heat oil in a wok (or a pan).
Saute chicken, stirring, on all sides.
Add ginger, turmeric and cayenne and saute on medium heat for few minutes.
Add carrots, coconut cream and broth. Bring to a boil.
Add creme fraiche.
Add leek and pepper.
Simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes.
Season with lime juice, salt and pepper. Place into bowls and serve.