Chicken Breast with Fruit Sauce
- 4 Chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp clarified butter
- 350 grams lingonberry (rinsed and picked)
- 1 shallot (cut lengthwise into slices)
- 250 milliliters Pineapple juice
- 1 tsp ginger (freshly grated)
- 1 green chili pepper (cored, cut into thin rings)
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 slices Pineapple (cut into small pieces, canned or fresh)
- freshly ground peppers
- mint (for garnish)
Pour the pineapple juice and half of the lingonberries into a small saucepan and simmer for about 10 minutes. Puree and strain through a sieve.
Heat butter in a pan and saute the shallots, ginger and chile pepper in it. Add the remaining lingonberries and lingonberry puree, and simmer for about 5 minutes. Add the pineapple pieces and allow to simmer. Stir in the sugar and season the sauce with salt and pepper.
Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, and fry in a pan in hot butter for about 10 minutes from both sides. Cut the fried chicken breasts crosswise into slices and serve drizzled with fruit sauce. Garnish with mint leaves.
Serve as desired with rice.