Chicken Breast Gratin with Peas and Gnocchi
- 4 Chicken breasts (each about 140 grams)
- 80 grams Prosciutto
- 2 sprigs Sage
- 1 shallot
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Pastry flour
- 200 milliliters Chicken broth
- 150 milliliters Whipped cream
- freshly ground peppers
- 1 splash lemon juice
- 250 grams Peas (frozen or fresh)
- softened butter (for baking pan)
- 400 grams Gnocchi (refrigerated)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
Rinse chicken breasts, pat dry and cut a pocket from the side in each breast. Cut ham into small cubes. Rinse sage, shake dry and pluck off leaves. Place 2-3 leaves of sage together with ham into each pocket and secure with toothpicks.
Peel shallot and chop finely. Heat butter in a pan and saute shallot until translucent. Add flour and saute briefly. Add broth and milk, simmer for about 5 minutes or until creamy. Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
Blanch peas in boiling salted water, rinse in cold water and drain well.
Butter gratin dish.
Place peas and gnocchi into the pan, top with chicken breasts. Pour sauce over and sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake in preheated oven at 200°C (approximately 400°F) for about 35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and serve.