Chicken and Tomato Muffins
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1 sweet Corn (kernels sliced off)
- 3 scallions (finely chopped)
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Polenta
- 2 tsps Baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 0.333 cup butter (melted)
- 1 ¼ cups Buttermilk
- ⅜ cup milk
- 3 firm tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 cups coarsely chopped, cooked chicken
Heat the oven to 200°C (180° fan) 400°F gas 6. Grease a 12 hole muffin tin.
Heat the oil in a pan and cook the corn kernels and spring onions for 5-10 minutes until golden and soft.
Mix together the flour, polenta, baking powder, salt and cheese in a mixing bowl.
Whisk together the eggs, buttermilk and milk, then stir into the dry ingredients with the melted butter and corn mixture. Stir in the tomatoes.
Half fill the tins with the mixture. Place a layer of chicken on top and cover with more mixture to fill the tins.
Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden and risen. Serve warm.