Carrot and Orange Soup
- 600 grams carrots
- 2 shallots
- 2 tablespoons Corn oil
- 800 milliliters Vegetable broth
- 150 milliliters fresh pressed Orange juice
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon Chili powder
- 50 grams Whipped cream
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 3 tablespoons chopped Cress
- freshly ground peppers
Peel carrots and cut into slices. Peel shallots and finely dice. Cook in a pan in hot oil until translucent. Add carrots and sauté briefly, then pour in broth and orange juice and bring to a boil. Stir in soy sauce and the chili powder and simmer about 10 minutes.
Puree soup and season with salt and pepper.
Mix creme fraiche with ginger and garden cress.
Distribute soup among bowls and top with ginger cream and freshly ground pepper.