Caribbean Zesty Chicken
ready in 3 h.
- For the marinade
- 1 onion (roughly chopped)
- fresh ginger (peeled and chopped)
- 2 green chili peppers (halved and deseeded)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon grated Nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 generous pinch allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed Lime juice
Put all the marinade ingredients into a food processor and blend to make a fine paste. Mix the chicken with the marinade and set aside for at least 2 hours.
Preheat the oven to 200ºC / 400ºF, or heat the barbecue. Cook the rice in boiling, salted water according to the package instructions
Take the chicken out of the marinade, place skin side up in a roasting tin and cook in the oven for 40 minutes, or cook on the barbecue for about 15 minutes, turning frequently.
Meanwhile, cook the pineapple and lime halves on the barbecue, or on a heated griddle pan.
Serve the chicken on a bed of rice with the grilled fruit and thyme sprig to garnish.