7,9 / 10
1 hr 20 min.
ready in 1 hr 50 min.
- For the pastry
- ¼ cup butter (diced)
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour (plus extra for dusting)
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch salt
- water (if needed)
- For the filling
- 11 ozs floury potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 18 ozs green Asparagus (cut into 3cm pieces)
- ⅔ cup cream (48% fat)
- 3 ½ ozs Crème fraiche
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup grated Cheese (e. g. Gruyère)
- 2 Tbsps chopped Fresh herbs (e. g. chives, chervil, wild garlic)
- grated Nutmeg
- To garnish
- chive flower (to garnish)
1 Cutting board, 1 Small knife, 1 Peeler, 1 Teaspoon, 1 Wok oder große Pfanne, 1 Measuring cups, 1 Wooden spoon (Pfannenwender), 1 Sieve, 1 Paper towel, 1 Tablespoon
For the pastry: put all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix to a smooth dough Add a little water if the mixture is too dry. Shape into a ball, wrap in cling film and chill for 30 minutes.
Heat the oven to 200°C (180° fan) 400°F gas 6. Grease a 25cm|10" flan tin or dish.
Roll out the dough on a floured surface and line the tin.
Blanch the potatoes and asparagus for 2-3 minutes in a pan of boiling salted water drain well.
Mix together the cream, crème fraîche, eggs, cheese and herbs.
Season to taste with salt and nutmeg and stir in the potatoes and asparagus.
Put into the pastry case and bake for 40-50 minutes until golden brown. Garnish with chive flowers.