Asian Noodle Prawn Salad
ready in 50 min.
Prawns add valuable, lean protein to this colorful dish while the lemongrass, cabbage, and carrots are packed with minerals and vitamins.
Eating low-carb? Sub in zucchini noodles for the hokkien noodles.
Author of this recipe:
- 16 ounces thin Ramen noodle
- boiling water
- 2 tablespoons Lime juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 ½ tablespoons Thai Fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat Coconut milk
- ¼ teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons Peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 red chile pepper (seeds removed and cut into rings)
- 1 Lemongrass (finely chopped or grated)
- 2 shallots (thinly sliced)
- 3 tablespoons cilantro
- 2 ounces red Cabbage (shredded)
- 1 carrot (cut into thin strips)
- 8 ounces cooked Prawn
- 1 tablespoon unblanched almonds
Place the noodles in a large heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 2 minutes or until tender. Drain.
Whisk together the lime juice, water, fish sauce, soy sauce, coconut milk, oil, peanut butter and sugar until well-combined.
Add the garlic, chilli, lemon grass and shallots and mix well. Add the coriander, cabbage and carrots and mix again until combined.
Drain the noodles and rinse in cold water. Drain well and add to the vegetable mixture, tossing well until coated.
Add the prawns and mix well. Leave to stand for 20 minutes before serving. Scatter with the almonds.