Apricot and Hazelnut Loaf
ready in 1 hr 50 min.
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups Yogurt
- ⅞ cup turnip syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 3 ½ cups whole-grain Rye flour
- 1 cup Graham flour
- 1 cup whole-grain Rye flour
- ⅔ cup Sunflower seed
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed
- ½ cup dried Apricot (chopped)
- ½ cup Hazelnuts (coarsely chopped)
- vegetable oil (for the tin)
Heat the oven to 200°C (180°C in a fan oven), 400°F, gas 6.
Mix together the milk, yoghurt, syrup, salt and baking powder in a bowl. Add all the different types of flour, the sunflower seeds, linseeds, apricots and hazelnuts, and mix together to form a dough. Put the dough in the oiled loaf tin, smooth the top and bake in the oven for around 1 hour.
Reduce the temperature to 170°C (150°C in a fan oven), 350°F, gas 4 and cook the bread for a further 30 minutes. If the bread is looking too dark, cover it with grease-proof paper.