ready in 1 hr
- 4 egg whites
- 5 tablespoons Corn starch
- 5 tablespoons Rice wine (sake)
- 4 cups Cod (skinned, ready-to-cook, diced)
- 2 scallions (sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- ½ inch fresh ginger (peeled and chopped)
- 2 red peppers (roughly chopped)
- 1 ½ cups Bamboo shoots (tinned, drained)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
Beat the egg whites with 4 tbsp cornflour. Stir in the sake and season with a pinch of salt. Add the fish, mix well and leave to marinate for around 15 min.
Heat the oil in a wok and add the fish and the marinade. Fry the fish for 3 min on all sides. Remove using a draining spoon and add the spring onions, garlic and ginger to the wok. Fry for a few minutes then add the peppers and the bamboo shoots and fry for another minute.
Return the fish to the pan and deglaze with the remaining sake. Mix together the remaining cornflour and the soy sauce, season with a pinch of pepper and add to the wok. Drizzle with sesame oil as desired, season to taste and serve on preheated plates.