Wild Duck Curry
- 600 grams Wild duck (ready to cook, with layer of fat)
- peppers (freshly ground)
- 150 grams fresh, baby Spinach
- 250 grams Snow peas
- 3 garlic
- 2 centimeters fresh ginger
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- ½ small, dried chile pepper (ground)
- 1 pinch ground cilantro
- ½ teaspoon Fenugreek (ground)
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric
- 6 crushed Curry leaves
- 1 pinch mustard powder
- 200 milliliters duck stock
- 150 milliliters Coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Lime juice
Rinse meat, pat dry and make diamond-shaped incisions in the skin. Season with salt and pepper. Cook duck, skin side down, in a dry hot pan until golden brown. Turn meat over and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Remove, let cool and cut into bite-sized pieces.
Rinse and spin dry spinach. Rinse and clean peppers. Peel ginger and cut into small slices. Peel garlic and chop finely. Saute garlic and ginger in a pan with duck fat until golden yellow, add all spices and cook for a few seconds.
Add peppers and spinach, deglaze pan with broth and coconut milk. Simmer for 5-8 minutes on medium heat. Return duck and season with soy sauce and lime juice. Serve in small bowls.