White Bean Salad Bowls
ready in 1 hr 10 min.
- 1 ¼ cups wide White bean (dried)
- ⅔ cup Adzuki bean (dried)
- 3 Tbsps white balsamic vinegar
- 5 Tbsps olive oil
- lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1.333 cups Cocktail tomatoes (red and yellow, cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 handful parsley (leaves finely chopped, reserving some whole for garnish)
- 2 shallots (halved and finely sliced)
- ½ cup Feta (finely crumbled)
Soak the beans overnight in plenty of unsalted cold water. The following day, drain and boil in fresh water for around 45 minutes until cooked. The beans should retain a slight bite. Drain and leave to cool.
Whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, a few squeezes of lemon juice, salt, ground black pepper and sugar to form a vinaigrette, and check the seasoning. Add the garlic.
In a bowl, mix the beans, tomatoes, parsley and shallots with the vinaigrette. Mix through the feta and leave the salad for at least 20 minutes for the flavours to soak in.
Spoon into small bowls, garnish with parsley and serve with a cool drink and crackers, if desired.