Vietnamese Shrimp Noodle Bowl
ready in 45 min.
- 4 Tbsps Nut oil
- 1 Tbsp yellow Curry paste
- 1 Lime (juice)
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 8 King prawn (peeled apart from the head and tail, and deveined)
- 11 ozs fine Rice noodles (bun noodles)
- ¾ cup Peanuts (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 2 red chili peppers (finely chopped)
- 2 carrots (cut into batons)
- 4 scallions (finely sliced into 5-6 cm strips)
- 1 Cucumber (peeled, deseeded and sliced into batons)
- Rice wine
- 2 handfuls cilantro (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp light Fish sauce
Mix 2 tbsp oil with the curry paste, lime juice and sugar and coat the prawns with this mixture. Leave to marinate for around 15 minutes.
Cook the noodles according to the instructions on the packet.
Heat the remaining oil in a wok and briefly toast the peanuts with the garlic and chilli. Add the prawns and stir fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the rest of the vegetables and a dash of rice wine. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stir through the coriander and season to taste with fish sauce.
Drain the noodles thoroughly and divide between bowls. Arrange the prawns and vegetables on top and serve.