Veggie Tajine with Olives
- 2 Tbsps olive oil
- 2 onions (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 ⅔ cups button Mushrooms
- 1 ½ tsps ground Cumin
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cilantro
- 1 tsp Ras el hanout (spice mixture)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp Chili flakes
- 1 Tbsp tomato puree
- 2 cups canned tomatoes
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable stock
- 1 medium Butternut squash (cubed)
- 2 carrots (chopped)
- 2 zucchini (chopped)
- 1 cup Broccoli
- 1 large Sweet potato (cubed)
- ½ cup dried Apricot (chopped)
- 3 ½ ozs Green beans
- ½ cup peas
- 2 cups canned chickpeas (drained)
- ½ cup raw almonds
Heat the oil in a large saucepan or tagine and gently cook the onions for 6 - 8 minutes until softened and caramelised. Add the garlic and mushrooms and continue to cook for 2 -3 minutes.
Add the spices and chilli flakes and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the tomato puree and cook for a further 2 minutes.
Stir in the tomatoes, stock, saffron, squash, carrots, courgettes, broccoli, sweet potato, and then add the apricots, green beans, peas and chickpeas. Continue to cook for a further 12 - 15 minutes until all the vegetables are tender.
Season to taste with salt and pepper and then stir in the almonds.
Serve the tagine garnished with Greek yoghurt sprinkled with lemon zest. Sprinkle with chopped mint, coriander, and a few olives.